Information By: FLORENCE SPEEDWAY – UNION, KY – We will be hosting an Open Practice Session on Saturday May 23rd.
This will not be like our normally scheduled open practices due to current restrictions by the state.
The following rules/changes will be in place:
- No spectators will be allowed at the event. This includes the grandstands, pit areas, and parking lots. Pit access will only be for race teams and speedway staff.
- Race teams will only be allowed 6 team members per car(Driver + 5 crew).
- All team members must arrive with the car. The car must be in line and ready to enter the pits before team members will be allowed to get a pit pass.
- All persons on site must maintain social distancing while on property. This includes in lines and while watching their car on the track.
- While a team’s car is not on the track, they need to remain in their pit area as much as possible, and should refrain from visiting other team’s pit areas as much as possible.
- Haulers should be parked with 10 ft between each hauler.
- Only Late Models, Modifieds, Crates, G&G Express Sport Mods, and Hornets are allowed at this practice.
- Due to space issues, we will be limiting how many teams are allowed on site. We are allowing drivers to pre-register for the practice to try and prevent a wasted trip to the track. If all of the available spots are taken we will post on our webpage and Facebook page.
- To pre-register go to: https://events.com/r/en_US/registration/open-practice-walton-may-785954
- There is a $25 charge for pre-registering. This includes 1 Pit Pass, so is effectively free. The charge is there just to deter people from making fake registrations.
- Times: (Note: All times are approximate and may be adjusted due to weather, attendance, or management’s discretion.)
- Pit Gate Opens: 2:00pm
- Hot Laps Start: 4:00pm
- Hot Laps End: 8:00pm
- Admission Prices:
- Pit Gate: $25
- General Admission: No Spectators
- Divisions Competing:
- Late Models, Modifieds, Crates, G&G Express Sport Mods, Hornets