Story By: BRETT DEYO / AMERICAN RACER CUP – INDIANA, PA – In response to the current unique times, the American Racer Cup presented by Sunoco Race Fuels has adjusted its pre-season tire certificate giveaway.
On Saturday, April 4, a drawing will be held on The American Racer Cup Facebook page for four FREE tires in both the Modified and Sportsman divisions. Drivers must be registered as of that date to be eligible for the giveaways.
“Typically, our pre-season giveaway takes place at a Short Track Super Series race around March 15,” program administrator Brett Deyo said. “With the current shutdown of racing due to the COVID-19 regulations, we’ve pushed back the deadline and will draw our winners live on the Cup Facebook page April 4.”
There are currently three options for competitors to sign up for the 2020 American Racer Cup.
Physical forms can be found at the following link to be printed and mailed: http://theamericanracercup.com/?page_id=26
Forms can be scanned and e-mailed to email@example.com and pay via PayPal at the same e-mail address.
Also, an online registration portal has been set up at the following link: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-american-racer-cup-tickets-90900428629
The American Racer Cup presented by Sunoco Race Fuels enters its 11th anniversary season rewarding drivers in the Modified and Sportsman divisions for supporting their home tracks utilizing American Racer tires.
$51,450 in cash point fund and hundreds of tire certificates will be distributed throughout the season with 13 facilities in four states participating in the ’20 American Racer Cup program.
American Racer, regional distributor Lias Tire of Indiana, Pa., Sunoco Race Fuels and Northeast distributor Insinger Performance of Dushore, Pa., present the American Racer Cup each season.
Participating tracks for ’20 follow:
- Accord Speedway (Accord, N.Y.) – Modified & Crate 602 Sportsman
- Afton Motorsports Park (Afton, N.Y.) – Modified, Open Sportsman & Crate 602 Sportsman
- Big Diamond Speedway (Minersville, Pa.) – Modified, Open Sportsman & Crate 602 Sportsman
- Bridgeport Motorsports Park (Bridgeport, N.J.) – Modified & Crate 602 Sportsman
- Delaware International Speedway (Delmar, Del.) – Modified & Crate 602 Sportsman
- Five Mile Point Speedway (Kirkwood, N.Y.) – Modified & Crate 602 Sportsman
- Fonda Speedway (Fonda, N.Y.) – Modified & Crate 602 Sportsman
- Grandview Speedway (Bechtelsville, Pa.) – Modified & Open Sportsman
- New Egypt Speedway (New Egypt, N.J.) – Modified, Open Sportsman & Crate 602 Sportsman
- Outlaw Speedway (Dundee, N.Y.) – Modified & Crate 602 Sportsman
- Penn Can Speedway (Susquehanna, Pa.) – Modified & Crate 602 Sportsman
- Skyline Raceway (Blodgett Mills, N.Y.) – Crate 602 Sportsman
- Woodhull Raceway (Woodhull, N.Y.) – Modified & Crate 602 Sportsman
Once again, the American Racer Cup and Bob Hilbert Sportswear Short Track Super Series (STSS) Fueled By Sunoco have paired up for hefty Insinger Performance bonuses.
Should a driver with the Short Track Super Series North and South Regions plus the American Racer Cup, that driver will earn a $25,000 cash bonus. Should one driver with the Short Track Super Series North or South Region plus the American Racer Cup, a $10,000 bonus will await that driver.
Last season, Matt Sheppard of Savannah, N.Y., achieved the trio and took home a massive ‘Grand Champion’ $58,500!