Story By: TOM COUGHLIN / DODGE CITY SPEEDWAY – HOWES CAVE, NY – It was a time for celebration. On Saturday, November 9, the Dodge City Speedway, celebrated the end of their 45th consecutive racing season when they held their 2019 champions awards banquet.
The Montenaro family led by brother Paul welcomed members of their racing family to the Checkers Out Speedway in Johnstown, N.Y. for an evening of food, awards, and camaraderie.
Andrew Montenaro worked as Master of Ceremonies during the awards presentation as he called out the names of the honoree’s. Racers from Eleven different divisions of competition were recognized for their efforts at the Howes Cave, New York dirt oval.
Boys & girls, young & old, ranging in age from four years old to sixty plus years of age along with their families & friends filled the banquet room. Racers faces lit up as their name was called to receive their attractive hardware & D.C.S. apparel.
The following racers were recognized for their championship season in their respective divisions
- Box stock #74 Amelia Sherman
- Jr. I Purple #1 Frank Twing Jr.
- Jr.Champ 5-9 novice #44S Vecar Wade
- Jr. I Chanp 5-9 advanced #1 Frank Twing Jr.
- Jr. Wing Champ 10-15 #24 Kirsten Swartz
- Jr. Gold II #95 Kirsten Swartz
- Sr. Medium #17A Ethan Allen
- Sr. Heavy #11 Mike Farina Jr.
- Sr. Predator #916 Frank Twing Sr.
- Slingshots #52 Dennis Tice
- Sr. Wing Champ #618 Bob Rhinehardt
In closing, the Montenaro family thanked all of the racers, families, & the Dodge City Speedway staff for a successful 2019 season and best wishes in 2020.