Rewards Plentiful For Short Track Super Series Modifieds At OCFS’ ‘Hard Clay Open’
Story By: BRETT DEYO / SHORT TRACK SUPER SERIES – MIDDLETOWN, NY – Rewards will be plentiful for drivers competing in the ‘Hard Clay Open’ on Sunday, April 8 at Orange County Fair Speedway.
The Bob Hilbert Sportswear Short Track Super Series (STSS) Fueled By Sunoco Halmar International North Region event offers a lucrative, non-top-heavy pay structure for the STSS big-block/small-block Modified contingent. And the riches keep on growing.
A field of 30 cars will take the green at the Legendary House of Power for the ‘Hard Clay Open’ event. STSS and Orange County Fair Speedway management have posted a minimum pay structure of $30,400 for racers: $5,000 to the winner, $1,000 for 10th and $500 to take the green flag.
Grand Rental Station, located at 388 East Main Street in Middletown, will once again offer an event-specific $500 cash Hard Charger Award for the driver advancing the most positions from their scheduled starting position to the finish of the 50-lap ‘Hard Clay Open’ main event. Learn more about Grand Rental Station Middletown online at www.equipmentrentalinmiddletown.com.
At every STSS Halmar International North Region event this season, John Brown’s Land Hoe Maintenance of Danbury, Conn., has offered $200 cash to the Hard Charger Award recipient. Find Land Hoe Maintenance online at www.landhoemaintenance.com.
This means a huge $700 cash will be up for grabs to a competitor marching through the field at the ‘Hard Clay Open’ event!
Superior Remodeling, based in Slate Hill, will reward the STSS Modified leader at halfway – lap 25 – a cash bonus of $200.
Each of the STSS Modified heat-race winners will take home $50 cash thanks to Rock Fantasy Hard Rock, Metal and Classic Rock Concert & Smoke Shop proprietor Stephen Keeler. Rock Fantasy, located at 75 West Main Street in Middletown, can be found on the web at www.rockfantasy.com.
A long line of product awards and certificates are also set for STSS Modifieds placing throughout the field.
The ‘Hard Clay Open’ is Event No. 1 of 10 for the STSS Halmar International North Region with a $12,500 championship looming at year-end.
Joining the STSS Modifieds on the ‘Hard Clay Open’ doubleheader are the Orange County Fair Speedway Crate 602 Sportsman racing for $1,000 to win and $100 to take the green under weekly track rules and procedures.
Bob Hilbert Sportswear Short Track Super Series Fueled By Sunoco 2018 Schedule
Halmar International North Region
- Sunday, April 8 – Orange County Fair Speedway/Middletown, N.Y. – Hard Clay Open
- Sunday, May 27 – Thunder Mountain Speedway/Center Lisle, N.Y. – Lightning on the Mountain
- Tuesday, June 5 – Big Diamond Speedway/Minersville, Pa. – Anthracite Assault – COMBO
- Wednesday, June 20 – Outlaw Speedway/Dundee, N.Y. – Outlaw Showdown
- Tuesday, July 3 – Accord Speedway/Accord, N.Y. – Battle of the Bullring 6
- Wednesday, July 25 – Afton Motorsports Park/Afton, N.Y. – Afton Action 50
- Wednesday, August 8 – Woodhull Raceway/Woodhull, N.Y. – Hustlin’ the High Banks 54
- Tuesday, August 14 – Albany-Saratoga Speedway/Malta, N.Y. – Stampede at ‘toga
- Friday-Saturday, October 5-6 – Afton Motorsports Park/Afton, N.Y. – American Racer Cup Short Track SuperNationals 11
- Thursday, October 18 – Orange County Fair Speedway/Middletown, N.Y. – Hard Clay Finale